Friday, August 2, 2013

Weekly Wishlist- August 2nd

Hi guys! Today I'm starting a new series here on Shades of Beauty! The weekly wishlist post will be just that- a list of 5 products I've been lusting over for the past week. Let's jump in!


1. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone 
I've swatched the liquid version of this in store, and as beautiful as it was I decided against purchasing it. I'm really not a fan of liquid products, other than foundation of course. ;) This color is absolutely GORGEOUS as well! I'll have to compare the pressed version to my well-loved Dior Amber Diamond.
 
2. Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum
Ever since I saw hollyannaeree on YouTube rave about this, I've wanted to try it. On Holly's short, Asian lashes, it makes her mascara perform much better. She says that she can't live without it, and that she wears it anytime she wears mascara. Hearing this from her makes the product sound really promising, as Holly has never found a mascara that works for her. I'm blessed with naturally curled lashes, but I'm always looking for something that can give me some extra length!
 
3. Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer
I've been on the search for a great, ultra-smoothing face primer lately.. and this one is calling my name! On the Sephora website, it claims to be "A skin-perfecting and silicone-free face primer enriched with ultra nourishing Greek yogurt for the smoothest makeup application and long-lasting wear." A silicone-free primer that claims to provide the smoothest makeup application?! Count me in!
 
4. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Let's just say... my dark circles need some serious help! According to various YouTube beauty gurus, this concealer from NARS significantly brightens your undereye area. I'm loving the variety of shades that are offered too.. it's great that there are both peach/pink and yellow/beige undertones in the range. The one that really catches my attention is Honey, which is a light/medium peachy pink color- great for color correcting purple and blue dark circles!
 
5. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in #6 Pink in Devotion
I have been holding off on getting a YSL lipstick for ages! I have swatched several, and they are all great quality with an outstanding formula The Rouge Volupte Shines are like an amped up version of the Revlon Lip Butters with a higher level of shine, more pigment, and a better formula. The shade Pink in Devotion is described as a "bright hibiscus pink" on the Sephora website, but in real life I'd describe it as a sheer watermelon color.. still gorgeous none the less!
 
 
That's all for now, girls! I hope you enjoy this new series... if anyone has any post requests, please let me know! I'm willing to do reviews, first impressions, empties, and tutorials! :)
 
Take care!
xoxo
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment