Friday, August 16, 2013

Review: Queen Helene Gentle Oatmeal n' Honey Natural Face Scrub

Hey lovelies! I'm back with another review :)

About three months ago, I went to Walgreens to do some quick retail therapy. I was having a rough day, and even though I would've rather gone to Sephora, I decided to look through the drugstore beauty section. To my surprise, I found some great products that were super inexpensive!


One of those products is the Queen Helene Oatmeal n' Honey Scrub. With a meager price tag of only $4.60 at drugstore.com, it's definitely an awesome bang for your buck.


 
Now keep in mind that this isn't an actual scrub. At least for me, a scrub is something that is a bit abrasive and deeply exfoliates, such as the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. With the Oatmeal n' Honey Scrub, the texture is more like wet sand. It's very thick, so you only need a small amount for your entire face.
 
 
Like I said, the texture is almost identical to wet sand. Just as described on the tube, this is very gentle on the skin. Although marketed as a scrub, this doesn't do much exfoliating. When I use it as a cleanser, it leaves my face feeling soft, clean and smooth.... however my Pond's Luminous Clean cleanser gives the same effect.
 
 
Although it's not a true scrub, I still greatly enjoy using this product. In the morning my skin always looks dull and yucky, but after cleansing it with this scrub it looks very luminous and healthy. One thing I love is when a product lives up to its claims, and this is definitely one of those products!
 
 
Another thing I like about this product is that it contains oatmeal and honey, both of which are known for their calming properties. Since this scrub is so gentle, it would be very suitable on sensitive skin. My sister, who has extremely sensitive, dry skin, swears by this product and uses it every morning.
 
 
On the down side, the natural ingredients stop there. The Oatmeal n' Honey scrub contains sulfates, alcohols and parabens... all of which aren't the best for your skin. If you can look past this downset, I think it's a great product.
 


 

PROS
  • gentle enough for everyday and sensitive skin
  • contains honey and oatmeal
  • easily accessible
  • very affordable for the large tube size
CONS
  • contains parabens, alcohols and sulfates
  • isn't a true scrub
 
Overall if you can get past the ingredient list, I think that this is a great scrub. It suits all ages, and would be a fantastic option for young girls who are just getting into beauty. The small price tag and large tube definitely ring in at an affordable option.
 
That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed :)
Please don't be afraid to leave post requests down below! I would be more than happy to hear your opinions! :)
 
xoxo
 
DISCLAIMER: I PURCHASED ALL PRODUCTS WITH MY OWN MONEY. ALL OPINONS STATED ARE MY OWN.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment